Being a Positive Influence on Colleagues and Their Careers
I was reminded of that this week when I participated in the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees conference in Chicago.
Paquita Bradley has done a fantastic job serving as president of NBCFAE since 2014, and has used her position to make important contributions to some of our employee development programs. She has provided great insight to the ATO’s Leadership and Career Development Partnership. These programs help ensure our workforce has access to great resources that help our employees take charge of their careers and reach their goals.
The partnership has helped us to:
· Deploy an ATO Succession Planning Program with fair and inclusive processes, to help identify and prepare future leaders who are ready to compete for critical managerial positions;
· Deliver a Career Planning Tool to help employees explore the wide range of career options open to them in the ATO;
· Establish the Career Services Center to help employees learn about career opportunities and how to successfully apply for their next position or promotion;
· Deploy the Interview Stream Tool to help employees develop great interviewing skills that will help them get the jobs they want; and
· Create the ATO Virtual Learning platform that provides convenient access to relevant and tailored micro-learning with 24/7 access.
I encourage all of you to check out employee development initiatives that can be found at myATOcareer.faa.gov to help you advance your skills and careers.
I would like to thank Paquita for her leadership and being such an active member of that partnership. She has had an outstanding career in public service, serving as an air traffic controller and a front-line manager prior to her current work in quality assurance. We’re going to miss her when she retires, but I know she’s going to have a full slate as a mother, grandmother, church activist and life coach.
I hope you have a great Labor Day! Thanks, everyone!