ALEXANDRIA MAPS & TRANSPORTATION
Alexandria's close proximity to three major airports, four Metrorail stations and countless stretches of highway means getting here is a no-brainer. Whether you're looking to travel on two wheels or four, by rail or on the trolley, Alexandria's transportation system can take you where you need to go.
- Maps & Directions: See driving directions and maps of the area.
- Airports: Alexandria is serviced by three airports, with Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport only 10-15 minutes away.
- Trains: Our Amtrak station is centrally located by the King St-Old Town Metrorail station.
- Motorcoach Resources: Information on parking and where to load and unload.
- Walk King Street
- Free King Street Trolley: Stops every two blocks from the King St-Old Town Metrorail station to the Potomac waterfront.
- Metrorail & Bus: Public transportation that will take you around Alexandria and into DC.
- Bikes & Boats: Rent a bike or take to the Potomac on a riverboat cruise or water taxi.
- Taxis & Carshare: No need to bring your own car; get one in Alexandria or find out how to get a cab.
- Parking: You'll find plenty of street and garage parking in Old Town, plus free parking in Del Ray and many other parts of the City.
- Limousine & Charter Service: Perfect for large groups or traveling in style.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE HOTEL STAFF
From Metro : We are located next to the King Street Metro Station, accessible by the Blue and Yellow lines and only two stops from Reagan National Airport. Turn left as you exit the train and go down the stairs (there is elevator access if needed). Turn left out of the station and cross the street - you will see the Hilton Alexandria Old Town on the corner.
From the North (New York/Baltimore): Take I-95 South across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Immediately after the bridge, take exit 177B to US-1 North. Turn left onto King Street and the hotel will be on the right side.
From the South (Richmond): Take I-95 North and veer off onto the Capital Beltway (495 North/95 North towards Baltimore). Continue on I-95 North and Exit at I-395 towards Washington DC. Take exit 5 (King Street East) and the hotel will be 4 miles on the left hand side after the King Street metro station.
From the East: Take US-50 West, to the Capital Beltway. Go across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to Exit 177B and then route 1 (US-1 North). Turn left onto King Street and the hotel will be on the right side.
From the West: Take I-66 East to the Capital Beltway. Stay on I-95 North to Exit 176B (Telegraph Road). Stay to the right and exit onto 236 East (Alexandria Downtown). Stay straight to go onto Telegraph Road. Stay straight to go onto Duke Street. Turn a slight left onto Callahan Drive. Turn right onto King Street and the hotel will be on the left side.
HOW TO GET HERE
From the Airport
Washington National Airport
Exit airport to George Washington Parkway South. George Washington Parkway becomes Washington Street. Make a right at King Street. Hotel will be on right hand side approximately 1 mile.
Distance from Hotel:4 mi.
Drive Time:15 min.
Typical Minimum Charge
GET TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS
Washington Dulles International Airport
Take Dulles Airport Access Rd. to VA-267 East. Straight to Capital Beltway. Take Exit 2B (Telegraph Road). Stay right and exit onto 236 East. Straight onto Telegraph. Straight onto Duke St. Left on Callahan. Right on King St. Hotel on left.
Distance from Hotel:30 mi.
Drive Time:40 min.
GET TURN-BY-TURN DIRECTIONS
Take I-195 West. Stay straight to go onto MD-295 South. Take I-295 South to the Capital Beltway. Go across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to exit 1 (US-1 North). Turn left onto King St. and the hotel will be on the right side.
Distance from Hotel:38 mi.
Drive Time:50 min.