If you have not been to website please go visit. Jennifer Lemmon our PWC Southwest Regional Director and acting Website Administrator has been spending hundreds of hours updating the website. If you see something that we need to update let us know.
Future Training Opportunities
Your BOD is also working with Barbara Teicher author of It’s How You Say it, and a speaker at our 2015 National Training Conference to have webinars available to members through the website. This will allow extended access to members for training.
Next PWC BOD meeting
The next BOD meeting will be the full BOD traveling to Memphis, TN. We have not finalized the details but we are planning to do a training event and social in the area, along with facility visits. Barbara Teicher is a possible training event speaker.
Did you know PWC has members in Canada and Nigeria? Your Board of Directors (BOD) is currently discussing the dues for our international membership.
NEF – Rickie Cannon
The National Employee Forum (NEF) had about 30 minutes with AHR-2, Rickie Cannon. Listed are some of the highlights of our discussion.
- Hiring around 2800, they have to filter them through the academy which can handle 1800 a year. So even with wash outs, medical issues, etc there will still be more than 2016 can handle.
- All pre- Tentative Offer Letters (TOLs) have been sent for Track 1 A pre-TOL is a letter telling them “you have been selected” here is your projected class date.
- Track 1 is experience possible bid is summer/fall 2016
- Track 2 general public possible bid spring 2016
- ATSAT is going away a new test will replace it, they don’t know what it will be called yet.
- Tier 2 is when you fail medical psychiatric test
- HR makes the selection and then hands off the application to Medical and Security, HR does not see it again until they pass both. HR will then issue the firm offer letter.
Remembering PWC member Josephine Torres
Please join NATCA and Professional Women Controllers for an evening to honor and remember Josephine Torres. The event will be held on Sunday October 11th at
Harley's Bistro 4221 N. 7th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85013
Please call ahead for reservations to (602) 234-0333. 20% of food and beverage sales, 100% of raffle proceeds, 50% of the drawing, and any other donations will go towards an education fund for Jo's boys, Gabriel and Adrian. Everyone is welcome, all are invited, please help us make this a great event.